Success starts with Gardening Basics
Let's start with Gardening Basics
What you'll learn: Marion covers some fundamentals to increase the chances of successfully creating your dream garden.
Proven Tips For All-Season Gardening
More than a tour, this is a walking tutorial! From winter spinach and raised beds, to winter composting and growing onions from seed. It's gardening without borders!
Gardening Basics: The key to your success...
Gardening is an activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It's a great way to get outside, get some fresh air, and connect with nature. It's both art and science. And it's one of the most rewarding ways to spend your time.
Gardening is all about finding the right combination of sunlight, fertile soil, and water to make your plants thrive. It's also about fulfilling your passion, so select plants you love.
The benefits of gardening are many:
Gardening improves your health. It is a low-impact exercise. Gardening can improve your mental health by giving your brain a break from the daily grind of life. You don't need to be an expert gardener. Just planting a few seeds or watering plants helps you unwind from the stresses of life.
Gardening gives you the opportunity to relax and focus on one thing at a time: Something we could all benefit from these days, right?
Gardening can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. You can start small with a few containers on your balcony or patio or in your backyard, or you can dive right in and plant an entire garden.
What about gardening for the beginner? Fortunately, there are many basic gardening practices that will help you get started on your gardening path.
Use the resources here as a starting point, and in no time, you’ll have a beautiful garden, no matter what level of gardening experience you have. From amending your soil with high-quality organic matter to pruning shrubs, you'll find answers and advice for essential gardening tasks. which is why Marion Owen has you covered with her articles and video tutorials.
Here are five basic gardening tips:
1. Start small. Don't try to tackle every project at one time. Pick one or two areas of your yard and focus on those. This is the best way to avoid getting overwhelmed. And you don't need to buy a truckload of gardening tools, either! Keep your gardening supplies simple.
2. Draw up a plan to get organized! Jot down a list of things you want to accomplish before you start working in your garden. Doodle a sketch of your yard.
3. Focus on the soil: Make compost! Ditch the chemicals!
4. Volunteer as an apprentice: There's nothing like learning the ropes from an experienced gardener.
5. Don't give up! Everyone makes mistakes when they're first starting out. If something doesn't grow right away or isn't as pretty as a picture in a catalog, just keep swimming because motion breeds clarity.
Finally, gardening can be intimidating for beginners because there's so much information out there that it can feel overwhelming. But don't worry! We've got all the resources you need right here at The Gardener's Coach with Marion Owen.